PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE:
2) Our Terms of Website Use, which tells you the terms on which you may make use of our website www.loveyourstories.com (our site), whether as a guest or a registered user. Use of our site includes accessing, browsing, or registering to use our site.
3) Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
Love Your Stories Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Love Your Stories Limited of 19 Noko, 3-6 Bannister Road London W10 4AR .
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Rowan Wilkinson.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
– technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
– Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
– Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
– Information we receive from a third party for the purposes of our services. We may receive information about you from a third party wishing to engage our services on your behalf but this will be kept to only necessary information for the purposes of initiating our services and will then be subject to the terms and conditions for the supply of our services.
Uses made of the information:
We use information held about you in the following ways:
– to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
– to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
– to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the Order form);
– to notify you about changes to our service;
– to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
– to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
– to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
– to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
– to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
– to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information:
– Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
– Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
– Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
– In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
– If Love Your Stories Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data:
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information:
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
2) TERMS OF WEBSITE USE:
Other applicable terms
If you purchase services and products from our site, our Terms and Conditions of Supply will apply to your purchase. Request these by emailing email@example.com
Information about us:
Changes to these terms:
Changes to our site:
Accessing our site:
Your account and password:
Intellectual property rights:
No reliance on information:
Limitation of our liability:
– use of, or inability to use, our site; or
– use of, or reliance upon, any content displayed on our site.
– If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
– loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
– business interruption;
– loss of anticipated savings;
– loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
– any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
Uploading content to our site:
Rights You Licence:
When you upload or post content to our site, except where agreed otherwise under our terms of supply of our services and products, you grant the following licences:
– to us, a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence (with right to sub-license) to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform such content in connection with the use of our website, by you and by third parties, the provision of our services and products and in connection with our business.
– to other users of the site a licence to access such content where it is made freely available on our site (with your agreement under the terms of supply of our services and products) for private use only during the period of access to our site.
Linking To Our Site:
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting our site.
3) ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
You also agree:
– any part of our site;
– any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
– any software used in the provision of our site; or
– any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
– Interactive services
– Be accurate (where they state facts).
– Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
– Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
– Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
– Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
– Promote sexually explicit material.
– Promote violence.
– Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
– Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
– Be likely to deceive any person.
– Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
– Promote any illegal activity.
– Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
– Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
– Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
– Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
– Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
– Suspension and termination
– Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
– Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
– Issue of a warning to you.
– Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
– Further legal action against you.
– Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
– We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy:
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
We use the following cookies: